Charge City is the best affordable electric city bike, give you extra fun to ride anywhere in your city. It has massive power to go fast and flatten hills. Charge City has compact design to fold the pedals and handlebar for storage in your office or apartment.
About CHARGE Bikes:
- An electric bike, from the makers of Cannondale and Schwinn bikes.
- The charge bikes are equipped with high-quality lithium-ion batteries, which are designed to deliver years of reliable energy. After about 700 charging cycles (6-7 years for most riders), you may notice a drop in how long your battery lasts before requiring a recharge. This is a sign that your battery needs to be replaced and you will need to purchase a replacement battery.
- You can purchase Charge bikes at bicycle retailers in select markets. But we encourage you to purchase online for full return and warranty.
- If the order has not shipped, the order can be cancelled for a full refund. If the bicycle has already shipped and needs to be shipped back, it will be treated as a return. A return shipping charge of $175 will be deducted from the refund, and the refund payment will be made once the bicycle and/or accessories arrive at the warehouse.
- CHARGE bikes come almost completely assembled with only four easy steps that can be performed in 10 minutes or less. Everything you need is included in the box.
- Most orders will be shipped through UPS Ground and do not need a signature at the time of delivery. We currently do not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands or Internationally.
About CHARGE City Electric City Bike:
- Product Name – City Electric Bike.
- Product URL – You can view here.
- Selling Price – $1,699.00.
- Direct Seller – Charge Bikes.
- Target Audience – The US Buyers.
- Free Shipping – Lower 48 US States.
- Warranty – 12 months.
Main Features of CHARGE City Electric City Bike:
- 250W Bafang Hub Drive Motor, offering 45Nm of torque gives you enough power to flatten the hills and drive faster.
- 418WH removable rechargeable Li Ion battery with Samsung cells, not only support up to 50 miles range, but also reliable and durable to use.
- In addition to pedal assistance, the boost accelerator gives you a boost when you need it most.
- High-powered, automatic front and rear lights so that you can see and be seen day or night.
- The handlebar shaft rotates 90 degrees in seconds in order to facilitate the storage or transport of your bike.
- Foldable pedals open and close within seconds for easy storage or transport.
- Comfortable seats and handles for enjoying the trip as well as the destination.
- Puncture-resistant Goodyear tires reduce risk of the flat tire when you are riding on the dirt road.
- Air pressure sensors show red when you need air or green if you’re good to go!
Product Specification of CHARGE City Electric City Bike:
- Lightweight and durable 6061 Aluminum Low-step Frame.
- 1 1/8 Cromoly fork provides just the right amount of give.
- Motor- 250W Bafang Hub Drive Motor Delivering 45 Nm of torque.
- Battery – 418WH Removable Rechargeable Li Ion Battery with Samsung Cells.
- Charging 5 to 7 Hours using 2 Amp Battery Charger.
- 5 levels of pedal-assit.
- Thumb Throttle.
- Display – Intelligent battery capacity indication, Real Time Speed Indication, Power Assist Level indication.
- Front Wheel – 700c alloy, 32 hole double wall rim, with alloy loose ball bearing hub.
- Rear wheel – 700c alloy, 36 hole double wall rim, with Bafang Hub Drive Motor.
- Goodyear Transit Tour 700 x 40 puncture resistant Tires with reflective sidewalls.
- Promax cable actuated disc brakes with 160mm rotors.
- Fiberglass reinforced folding Nylon pedal. (Size: 9/16).
- Shimano Altus 7 speed Rear Derailleur.
- Gearing – 7 speed with 14 – 34 tooth range.
- Shimano Tourney 7 speed shifter with optical gear display.
- Handlebar – Lightweight 6061 Aluminum with 60mm rise to provide heads up, confident handling. (Size: 31.8).
- Charge Comfort Ergo Soft Rubber Grip.
- 90 degree rotateable stem with +7 degree rise. (Size: 31.8mm).
- Ergonomic Charge Comfort Saddle. Length: 145mm.
- Lightweight and durable 6061 Aluminum Seat Post. 30.9 diameter x 350 length.
- Integrated Rear Rack (Weight Limit 36 lbs.)
- Fenders – All-weather rated thermoplastic, full-coverage design with stainless-steel hardware.
- Kickstand – Alloy center mount with height adjustable foot.
- Tire Pressure Indicator Valve Caps.
- Minimum Seat Height – 28.7″
- Maximum Seat Height – 33.5″
- Rider’s Height – 5’1″ to 6’0″
- Bike weight – 45 Lbs.
- Load Capacity – 300 Lbs.
The image of CHARGE City Electric City Bike:
PROs of CHARGE City Electric City Bike:
- The delivery package is much safer to protect the new bike when delivered by the UPS transportation.
- Four steps of assembly the new bike is simple and easy for every buyer, hence no miss assembling has happened.
- You do not worry about the space to keep the CHARGE City in the house due to it is foldable to keep in limited space.
- The bike is lighter at 45 Lbs, thus the energy use is low for you to go more further.
- You can ride peace of mind because the puncture protection tires reduce risk of flat tire.
- 250W BAFANG motor deliver 45 Nm torque can conquer any slope easily when you are riding in the hilly area.
- The disc brake with 160 mm rotors is able to keep you safe whenever you need to apply a brake.
- CHARGE City equipped with full fenders keep you clean when you are riding on the dirt, mud, or water surface.
- The bright headlight and rear light, coupled with side reflective tires keep you visible by the approaching vehicles.
- Thumb throttle let you ride back home effortless whenever you want.
- The 36 Lbs integrated rear rack can carry your necessities when you go to work or shopping.
- Soft rubber grips, comfort saddle, together with the upright riding position, you can ride comfortably.
- The big volume tires help to reduce bumping effect whenever you are riding on the uneven road.
- Shimano Tourney 7 speed coupled with 14 – 34 tooth range, have adequate gear ratio to climb hills and go faster.
- CHARGE support has proven giving great assistance to the buyers, thus getting good ratings from the certified buyers.
- The battery can last more than five to seven years or 700 charge cycles whichever come first.
CONs of CHARGE City Electric City Bike:
- 2A Charger certainly take longer hours to charge the 418WH battery, You can surely shorten the charging hours by replacing it with 3A Charger.
- Some riders can be afraid to use folding pedals and stem off road, it is just individual despite any fact to support the mentioned.
- The front fork is not suspension type can be a shortfall when compared with CHARGE Comfort.
- The load capacity of rear rack is limited at 36 Lbs, obviously it is risky to carry small child at the back.
Overall Ratings of CHARGE City Electric City Bike:
Reviewed by CHARGE Bikes certified buyer, Mary on 14 September 2020 – The overall ratings is 5.0 out of 5.0:
I love my city bike and ride everywhere! I used to avoid riding my regular bike because I had trouble just getting up the small hills around my own neighborhood, much less any further away than that. Now I ride anywhere I want and as far as I want, without breaking a sweat or dreading any uphills. It’s just all fun and enjoyment! It’s still plenty of exercise and I’m outside enjoying the fresh air!
I had one small problem with a part missing when I got the bike, but the customer service is amazing and the problem was taken care of very quickly.
- CHARGE City ride performance is excellent for this owner, as a result he avoid his regular bicycle at home.
- CHARGE support response fast to settle the missing part quickly when the owner called them. The excellent support is indeed the key success for CHARGE Bikes to sell online direct to consumer.
Reviewed by CHARGE Bikes certified buyer, Vanessa S on 18 June 2020: The overall rating is 4.0 out of 5.0:
I really enjoyed the ease of using this bike. It is a great alternative to other (more expensive) modes of transport. The initial take-off and speed has to familiarize control. Those who ride traditional bikes but once you get comfortable with operating this bike, it’s an enjoyable way to get around quickly. I would be interested to see how it handles mixed terrain.
- The combination use of pedal assist and throttle needs a little practices on the road in order to enjoy the fun ride.
- Riding on the off-road can be a challenge due to the rigid front fork, not sure how much can handle by the high volume tires.
View YouTube Videos – CHARGE City reviewed by TechCrunch:
In summary from the CHARGE Bikes certified buyers, CHARGE City is best for commuting (36), around town (74), and off road (5 only). Can CHARGE City Bike be regard as the best affordable electric city bike? What is your conclusion in your heart after going through the review? You are welcome to share with us.
Rest assure to purchase online direct from CHARGE Bikes, packaging for delivery is excellent, assembling is easy, as well as the service support is great. Do you agree with this guarantee to buy online directly with CHARGE Bikes?
Or would you prefer to buy from a brand with partnership with the local bicycle shops around the town? Please read our related posts here – Pedego-element-the-best-affordable-fat-tire-electric-bike