Can electric bikes solve transportation issues for students and workers? Is this topic of interest to you? If yes, you are welcome to give your valued comments.
A. What is the transportation issue for the students and Workers?
A.1 Traffic jam is typical everywhere when students go to school or workers go to work.
Yes, you can see traffic jams one hour before and after school-time. The same is one hour before and after working hours. If school-time and working hours fall simultaneously, the traffic jam is increasing heavily in many countries.
Can the best deal of electric bikes help to solve the traffic jam? The image below tells you the mess condition.
The student who takes the school bus has to wake up early at 5 am for breakfast and on the bus at 5.30 am to reach school before 7 am.
A school bus has to go around the road to pick up 20 to 30 students before school.
The worker has to wake up early at 6 am to take breakfast and driving a car or motorbike to reach the factory at 8 am.
Why our daily activities make it so difficult for students and workers?
Can electric bikes help to solve the transportation issue? Your input is very helpful to the students and workers.
A.2 Air Pollution on the road hurts students’ and workers’ health issues.
Other than a traffic jam, there is heavy air pollution from the vehicle exhaust pipe, which is not healthy for all motorbikes rider or bicycle riders. There are many common sicknesses caused by the vehicle’s exhaust gases, likes headache or sore throat.
There is a separate motorbike or bicycle lanes to use in some countries, but no state can provide a different path to use by motorbikes or bicycles for all the roads due to substantial budget needs.
A.3 The high accident rate for motorcycles
The motorcycle has more freedom to move on the road during a traffic jam. But there is always a risk for motorbike riders to move between many traffics on the path. Accidents on the road for motorbike rider is a deadly matter left unsolved or unattended by many countries, especially in South East Asia.
The speed of motorbike has to set regulations to keep below 50 km/hr. The weight of the motorcycle is also a concern when hitting passengers can cause severe injury or death.
B. What is the possible solution to resolve the transportation issue for the students and workers?
B.1 Can Electric cars solve the transportation issue?
The electric car can only solve the air pollution issue but not daily traffic jams for students and workers. The initial investment in electric cars is too high for most families to bear the cost.
And the number of vehicles on the road keeps increasing year by year—no sign of reducing in number for the last ten years.
<<< The main barrier is electric cars are too expensive to use for daily transportation for students or workers. >>>
B.2 Can Electric Motorbikes solve the transportation issue?
If converting all the vehicles on the road to motorcycles will ease the traffic jam, less space is required. But battery size for a motorbike needs a higher capacity to achieve the same speed as gasoline as energy.
Carrying a higher capacity battery on a motorcycle can become a high risk on the road. The issue is a high capacity battery for a motorbike is bulky in size and heavy.
Invented smaller size battery with extremely high power capacity and fast charging station is required to solve electric motorcycles on the road but not solve all the transportation issues for students and workers.
Yes, an electric motorbike can solve the traffic jam issue and air pollution problem only. The more the number of motorcycles on the road, the higher the risk of deadly accident rates for motorcycle riders.
Why is an accident on the road for a motorbike rider is a deadly matter left unsolved or unattended by many countries? WHO (World Health Organization) has called for limiting motorbike speed to keep below 50 km/hr in the city.
But most riders ignore this speed limit and bring misfortune to themselves. The weight of motorbike is also a concern when hitting passengers with speed above 50 km/hr can cause severe injury or death.
<<< The fact is a speedy motorbike is a big risk to riders and passengers in the congested city. >>>
B.3 Why Electric Bikes – is a solution to transportation issues for students and workers?
- Electric bikes are affordable to buy by most families. Or sell the old gasoline motorcycle or car can buy two to four electric bikes.
- Electric bikes are durable to use for at least five to ten years. Without the use of gasoline, motorcycles or cars can save $2,000 to 10,000 per year. (No gasoline purchase, No vehicle loan, No maintenance cost, No parking space rental, No annual road tax, and annual insurance coverage.)
- Electric bikes do not need registration, permit, or license to use.
- Electric bikes set speed limits accordingly to the country regulation that is 15.5 Km/Hr.
- Students and Workers can ride on the first day of purchase.
- With the use of electric bikes, students and workers save one hour of traveling time every weekday.
- With the use of the separate bicycle lane, students and workers are safer on the road.
- The recharging cost of an electric bike’s battery is very cheap at below $20 per year.
- Tires replacement is $70 for every two years.
- An electric bike’s cleaning can be done by oneself, and setup is about $100 for every family.
- Students and Workers are more healthy with daily pedaling and free to go anywhere after school or work.
B.4 Benefits for local government to support the use of electric bikes:
- Fewer vehicles on the road improve air pollution significantly, giving more healthy air for citizens to breathe.
- Annual maintenance cost for the bicycle lane is much lower than the maintenance cost for vehicles highway.
- The space requirement for bicycle parking is much smaller than the parking space requirement for cars or motorcycles.
- The annual budget for expanding the bicycle’s lane is ten times lower than building a highway for gasoline vehicles.
- The removal of gasoline vehicles entering the city can have extra space for commercial activities or building parks for citizens and attract overseas tourists to the city.
- The attraction of tourists coming to the city can improve economic activities and bring wealth to the citizens staying in the city.
- The city’s air quality improved, the citizens staying in the city have a better living environment and more parks for relaxation.
- Less money spent on gasoline purchases for the vehicles helps reduce importation of gasoline from overseas and save billions of dollars every year for the country.
- Every country should be happy to promote electric bikes, which is one of the strategies plan to achieve zero carbon release before 2050 to combat climate change.
- The local government should consider the speed limit for the electric bike to increase to 50 km/hr, which is still very safe for riders or passengers to pass by.
- The bicycle network needs to expand yearly to provide safe and protected lanes to encourage more cyclists.
- Bicycle parking needs commercializing to provide a well-managed space to keep clean, tidy, and avoid theft and, most important, giving tourists a good image for bicycle parking.
The trend of using electric bikes cannot stop due to better safety, better environmental conditions, and better convenience for low-income people. The development of electric cars for high-income people will not also stop for a better environment. Read the external post here.
All people caring about the high motorbike accident rate on the road should support the country, limiting the speed of motorbike to travel on the city road. A future green city shall promote to use of electric bikes and electric cars only.
For a self and small vehicle like a motorbike to move as fast as a big vehicle shall not be encouraged due to many past accidents, it is incredibly unsafe to motorbike’s rider.
View related post: