Are you looking for an electric bike for rain and snow? ENGWE 500W Fat Tire equipped with front suspension forks can tackle any loose and rough terrains you go. You can surely ride safety and comfortably on the sand beach, snow surface, dirt road, gravel trail, mud and more.
The 500W motor with 60Nm torque coupled with Shimano 7-speed rear derailleur allows it to conquer any steep mountain. The selling price of $1,039.95, thus making it the best affordable mountain bike.
Descriptions of ENGWE 500W Fat Tire:
Data and Sellers Information:
- Product Name – ENGWE 500W 20 inch Fat Tire Electric Bicycle Mountain Beach Snow Bike for Adults.
- Product URL – You can view here.
- Selling Price – $1,039.95.
- Direct Seller – Engwe Bikes.
- Target audience – The US & Canadian buyers.
- Free shipping in the lower 48 US States.
- Warranty – One year.
Specifications of ENGWE 500W Fat Tire:
- Frame model – Folding.
- Frame material – Aluminum Alloy.
- Front Forks – Suntour XCT adjustable suspension forks.
- Motor – 500W high-speed brushless gear motor, 60 Nm torque.
- Battery – 48V 12.5Ah Lithium-ion.
- Derailleur – SHIMANO 8-speed flywheel, transmission system.
- Tektro F&R mechanical disc brakes.
- Soft saddle ensures safer riding.
- Maximum Speed – 28-30 mph (PAS mode), 24-28 mph (electric mode) | 60 Nm.
- The travel range – 45-55 mile (electric mode), 60-65 mile (PAS mode), 70-100 mile (Eco mode)
- Load capacity – 150kg /330 lbs.
- Rider’s height – 5’3″ to 6’5″.
- Vehicle weight – 32kg /70 lbs.
- Wheel Diameter – 20 inch
- Off-road Tire – 20” X 4.0”
- Recommended Tire Pressure – 20 PSI | 1.4 BAR.
- Operation mode – Booster riding, Pure electric riding, Pure human riding.
- Collapsible top-tube and frame make it portable and convenient to store in your car.
- This bike arrives 85% assembled, you still have to finish assembly by yourself or ask for assembly service.
PROs of ENGWE 500W Fat Tire Mountain E-Bike:
- Versatile for all kinds of road surface – sand beach, snow, dirt, gravel and any more.
- 4″ Fat Tires make it easy to ride hence enjoy great traction and grip power over rough and uneven terrain.
- A good working horse for the worker and also weekend adventure use in the off-road region.
- The high torque 500W motor certainly supports use in the hilly area.
- Tektro disc brakes ensure secure and safe stopping power so to keep you safe on the road.
- The battery hidden in the frame can be locked or removed and also recharged at home and office.
- Folding frame makes it easy to transport so best use for camping commuter in nature.
- Twist throttle is easy to control.
- The max speed of 22 mph is faster than other E-bikes at the same price range.
- A full set of Shimano shifting systems makes shifting smoother.
- The anti-rust paint to protect the carbon steel is a great feature for this bike.
- Price is affordable by adults.
CONs of ENGWE 500W Fat Tire Mountain E-Bike:
- Front fork is mediocre quality, but combine with wide, low pressure tires give a comfortable ride on the bumping road.
- Fat Tracting Tire split water and mud to a different angle, as the result making mudguards ineffective to use.
- The 4″ fat Tire use inner tube – you need to keep spare inner tube and repair tools for replacement when there is a flat tire.
- The bike’s weight is 32 Kgs, thus is it heavy to you?
Where to buy 20″x 4″ spare inner tires:
Product Data and Seller Information:
- Product Name – ZOL Multipack Fat Tire Bike Bicycle Inner Tube 26″ x 4.0 Schrader Valve 48mm.
- Brand – Zol store
- For Product URL – View here.
- From Seller – Amazon.com
- Free Shipping in US continental.
- As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchase.
Fat Tire Bike Bicycle Inner Tube 26″ x 4.0 Image:
Overall Rating of ENGWE 500W Fat Tire Mountain E-Bike:
Reviewed ratings by Amazon.com certified buyers 4.7 out of 5.0 from 148 global ratings:
Top positive reviews by Adolpho from US on 12 March 2020 – 5.0 out of 5.0:
Very easy to put together as well as looks really cool. Very fun to ride but the only thing I don’t like is the white stripes on the fenders. Will climb very steep hills.
PROs from this buyer:
- Easy to assemble the electric bike.
- Comfortable to ride.
- Powerful to climb very steep hills.
Top critical reviews by Hector Ponce from US on 25 December 2020 – 3.0 out of 5.0:
Kickstand does not work that well due to the fact that the bike doesn’t lean enough to balance itself properly. Also, when you get a flat. I do not have anything to fix it right away you have to pick up the back wheel little bit in order to roll it to your destination.
When you get a back flat tire, and you are walking the bike the rim side scrapes against the road surface. That should not happen
- Keep a set of repair tools and a spare inner tube is the best solution for a flat tire.
- Certified buyer from the Engwe Bikes mostly give positive comments so I prefer to take reviews from the Amazon.
Reviewed by the Amazon certified buyer, Lauren S from US on 7 April 2020 – 4.0 out of 5.0:
Great buy, I love the bike and also it was fast shipping. The seat is comfortable and easy to adjust the height for different people. It’s fast compared to my boyfriends Sonos and has a little torque to it so be warned.
The only reason I didn’t give 5 stars is I have a nice gauge taken out of the metal that happened prior to unbox. Also, I have to have someone that is handy look at the breaks as I feel they should be tighter? I’m unable to do that my myself because I don’t have the knowledge to attempt an adjustment.
The build was easy, but the directions suck, you have to use common sense. I’m a woman and it was a bit of a struggle moving it for the build because of the weight but it’s doable solo.
- The complaint is valid and also cases are accumulated. Either the assembled parts must be properly tilted and adjusted ready for riding or a clear instruction should be given to buyers to do the right assemble job.
- The fabricator of the bike has to take this complaint seriously for improvement. Normally Amazon has to trust fabricator and not open the packaging, it will void their claim to the fabricator.
Reviewed by SVS from the US on 27 December 2020 – 4.0 out of 5.0:
- Awful “instructions”. You will need to get assist from YouTube videos or play around for an hour or two to figure it out – Or get help from a local bicycle shop.
- Heavier than you expect! – The big study wheels and big battery certainly increase the bike’s weight.
- Probably won’t fit in a car trunk because it depends on the type of car’s space.
- Height of seat will either give you good pedal distance or ability to put feet on the ground, but probably not both – A right frame size that is matching the rider’s height can surely solve this issue.
- Not great for pedaling without pedal assist – He means not able to do manual pedaling.
- Replacement battery is expensive because he expecting the battery price is getting cheaper in future.
- Super fast to go! – Not all riders need a fast speed.
- Super fun to ride! – Surely all riders will like it.
- Goes off road very well! – All riders will like it.
- Feels super sturdy! – A heavy bike support super sturdy.
- It is a good value! – Despite of expensive battery and expensive big wheels, but the price is still below $1,200.00.
From the bike owner reviews, you can hear that ENGWE 500W Fat Tire Mountain E-Bike is quality in riding, giving a lot fun to the owners with the best affordable price. Do you agree this point?
In order to give the rider the joy of riding in any kind of the road surface, the e-bike has to be equipped with a pair big wide tires. In consideration of the reasonable travel range to satisfy the riders need, a big capacity battery is required. A 500W motor with high torque and 48V battery to supply good power is required to achieve the goals of super fast and powerful to climb the steep hills.
Now you know very well the bike is heavy and hard to assemble also due to heavy weight, but if you are okay, can solve by your local bicycle shop. What is your opinion about this bike? Does it the best affordable mountain e-bike meet your needs?
If you are looking for a light bike with almost the same price as this model, you can read our related post here – Gigabyke-swift-electric-bike-a-light-bike