GAINT has numerous high-performance e-bikes to purchase. I would like to recommend GAINT TALON E+ 29 that I considered as the best affordable off-road e-bike. It features a SyncDrive Core motor system that facilitates tough climbs and encourages you to prolong your driving time. The 29″ wheel coupled with the front suspension forks ensures your ride comfort on all terrains.
About GAINT E-Bikes USA:
- The Giant Manufacturing Company is founded by King Liu in 1972.
- In 1981, Giant bikes hit the market, first in Taiwan, then in Europe, North America and other countries.
- To achieve our brand purpose, which we call Ride Unleashed.
- GIANT produces first e-bike in 1991.
- GIANT manages a big network of authorized local dealers.
- You purchase online with GIANT but the new e-bike delivers to you fully assembled by the local dealers.
- You can test ride the GIANT e-bike at the local dealers near your location.
- There is two order options – Online or Local Retailers.
- GIANT retailers deliver the new e-bike to you fully assembled for an additional $50.00 fee.
- If you need to cancel the order completely, please fill in the cancellation form on our website.
- GIANT will contact you throughout the order process so you will know what is happening with your order.
- 14 Days of return period.
- Warranty – Lifetime for frame and Forks. Other parts – One year.
About GIANT TALON E+ 29 Off-Road E-Bike:
- Product Name – TALON E+ 29 3.
- Product URL – You can view here.
- Selling Price – $2,750.
- Direct Seller – GIANT E-BIKES USA.
- Target Audience – The US and Canadian Buyers.
- Shipping – Home delivery by local retailer, $50 fee.
- 14 Days return policy.
- Warranty – One year.
- Free 60 Day repair labor period.
- Call – +1800 US-Giant
- Contact – Online form or Local Retailer.
Main features of GIANT TALON E+ 29 Off-Road E-Bike:
- The frame material features 6061 alloys with single-butted tubes are not only strong, but also lightweight for a variety of bikes and different riding styles.
- SYNCDRIVE Core Motor is a compact and lightweight motor, certainly best use in electric bike for energy savings.
- SYNCDRIVE Core is indeed the only e-bike system that utilizes both rider input and terrain feedback.
- The mid-drive motor gives you a smooth, natural driving feel, provides enough power when you need it, and saves energy when you don’t need it.
- Giant EnergyPak 400Wh is undoubtedly the finest battery.
- Giant Ride Control Ergo is used under all conditions as well as comfort and grip.
- Shimano Alivio M3100 9 Speed is easy to shift and also improves the shifting performance.
- TEKTRO hydraulic disc brakes provide safe stopping power when you’re on high speed or downhill.
- SR Suntour XCM Front Suspension Forks give additional comfort when riding on the street potty holes.
- Maxxis recon 29″ x 2.4″ Wire Bead Tires are certainly the best choice for aggressive driving on the rough and tough terrain.
- The giant performance saddle helps eliminate the pain of sitting bones so you can ride long distances and in greater comfort, regardless of your riding discipline or style.
Specification of GIANT TAON E+ 29 Off-Road E-Bike:
- ALUXX aluminum frame.
- Frame Sizes – S, M, L, XL.
- SR SUNTOUR XCM ATB Coil 29″ 100mm travel Front Forks.
- SYNCDRIVE Core, 50 Nm torque, mid-drive motor.
- Giant ENERGYPAK 400Wh, Side-release Battery.
- 3A Fast Charger.
- Travel Range – Extreme 34 Miles, Good 65 miles, Ideal 93 miles.
- Ride Control Ergo Controller.
- Handlebar – Giant Connect TR Riser.
- Seat Post – Giant 30.9mm, 2-bolt Micro Adjustable.
- Saddle – Giant Sport.
- Pedals – Aluminum Platform.
- Shifter – Shimano M2010 9-Speed.
- Shimano Alivio M3100, 9-Speed Rear derailleur.
- TEKTRO HD-M275, hydraulic disc brakes.
- Shimano CS-HG200, 11-36T Cassette.
- 36T Crank set.
- Giant GX03V RIMS.
- Stainless steel Spokes.
- MAXXIS REKON 29″ x 2.4″ Wire Bead 60 TPI Tires.
- Rider’s Height – S (5’4″ to 5’8″), M (5’7″ to 5’10”), L (5’9″ to 6’1″), XL (6’0″ to 6’4″)
The image of GIANT TALON E+ 29 Off-Road E-Bike:
PROs of GIANT TALON E+ 29 Off-Road E-Bike:
- TALON E+ 29 has the plus sized tires so you can ride on any terrain you want.
- SYNCDRIVE Core Motor and EnergyPak 400Wh are high-quality components that will certainly not cancel out your riding tours.
- The 4 frame sizes may well match the height of any driver so that the riding feeling is fit and fun.
- You can drive smoothly on your daily commute, the SYNCDRIVE Core system will certainly save energy for the long haul.
- Shimano Alivio 9-speed has a gear ratio sufficient to enable you to climb any small slope effortlessly, regardless of the motor support.
- TALON E+ 29 delivers comfort and confidence on off-road terrain due to the premium motor, battery, front suspension forks and aggressive trial tires.
- The TALON E 29 is safe to run at maximum speed on all terrain due to the braking power provided by the hydraulic disc brakes.
- GIANT E-BIKES USA reduces the risk of transportation damage through home delivery from the local dealership is indeed the best choice for buyers.
- The largest network of authorized GIANT dealers can certainly serve any GIANT electric bike owner well.
- You can save a lot of battery power without pedaling when you descend the slope.
- Buying online with GIANT E-BIKES USA is safe, but just need to pay an extra $50 for this top quality e-bike.
- The online platform is great with plenty of knowledge about GIANT electric bikes, you can visit it whenever your information needs.
CONs of GIANT TALON E+ 29 Off-Road E-Bike:
- Without installing the front and back fenders, you certainly can’t keep clean and dry on the worst weather day.
- Headlight and tail light is a must for keeping you visible by upcoming vehicles, regardless of day or night.
- Rear rack is required to carry some necessities like flat tire repair kits, air pump so that you can ride peace of mind in the off road or neighborhood.
- Do not forget to add a kick stand since it is not included in the package.
- If you need a suitable screen to monitor like other brands, buy one or install the application and use your phone’s billboard.
- The price can go up higher after installing all the extras and adding the shipping costs, but I believe this e-bike can benefit you more than you pay.
The overall ratings of GIANT TALON E+ 29 Off-Road E-Bike:
Reviewed by the GIANT E-BIKES certified buyer, R Mund from San Bruno, CA on July 2021 – The overall ratings are 5.0 out of 5.0:
First off, if you’re a casual rider then this bike is perfect off the rack. Just get it, you’ll be happy. Yes, it’s expensive, and yes, there are cheaper off-brand eMTBs available, but I wouldn’t trust them.
Everything about the Talon is good enough. I agonized for weeks about which bike to get, and it was between this and the Kona El Kahuna. The Kona is a little bit better, especially the Drivetrain components. So here’s my advice: –
If you plan to do a mix of casual road and trail riding and you aren’t a geek about high end components, definitely get the Talon, it’s awesome.
If you want to do more serious riding with steep climbs and descents, and you don’t want to upgrade any components, the El Kahuna has a wider range of gears and better brakes and will perform better, but the Talon is still a great choice and almost $1k less expensive.
And if you have any experience building bikes or are interested in learning, get the Talon and start upgrading components. This is what I did, and after putting in about $1k worth of upgrades and my own labor, I have a bike that’s better than Giant’s higher-end $5k eMTBs. Go for it, wear a helmet, and use a bell when passing hikers/pedestrians.
- The review is well drafted by the buyer with his knowledge and experience so I think this review may be a good reference for any buyer.
- Talon is not a full suspension E-BIKE so I do not encourage you to do any unknown or serious ATV.
Summary of the GIANT E-BIKES certified buyer reviews:
- Total certified buyer reviews are 11.
- The overall ratings are 4.3 out of 5.0.
- A buyer gives 3 stars because the front suspension forks are insufficient to take his jump and descend from 3 feet. Talon is not suitable for this type of ATV.
- One buyer gives a star request for a long range battery. I considered this to be a typical case that exceeded our imagination.
- A buyer stayed in Nevada complaint cannot reach the service support. By calling, maybe has difficulties to reach the support if line is busy. The best way to do this is to complete the online contact form.
View YouTube Videos – TALON E+ 29 reviewed by the MTB Garage:
In the reviews of certified buyers, you may find some buyers miss using the e-bike to jump and fall into the mountain tests. TALON is designed for riding on all-terrain for adventurous only.
There are few extras are really needed for daily commuting but the seller does not include it in the package. Will you not purchase GIANT electric bicycles for that reason? It is up to you to respond to that question.
Do you agree with me that GIANT TALON E+ 29 is the best affordable off-road e-bike for purchase? Please make your comments, it is helpful for us to enhance our content.
In order to give readers more choice, I would like to recommend our best e-bike offer here for your viewing – Kbo-breeze-the-best-affordable-top-seller-electric-bike.