MONTAGUE M-E1 is the first foldable e-bike with big tires. It is compact with the premium drive components makes it the best affordable folding deluxe e-bike. The Shimano STePS E6100 drive unit is efficient, silent, lightweight and tight to keep the bike compact when folded. Once folded, the bike can be rolled for easy transport. Does it sound amazing for you to own this folding bike as your daily partner?
About MONTAGUE BIKES:
- MONTAGUE BIKES are started by Harry and David Montague in 1987.
- The headquarter is in Cambridge, Massachusetts, a hub of innovation in the US.
- MONTAGUE is the world’s leading maker of full-size folding bikes.
- Great features of the MONTAGUE bikes:
- Number one strongest folding frame.
- Safe and Quick release wheels.
- First tool-free adjustable handlebar with Octagon.
- Our team understands your passion for cycling because they have it too.
- Our support team is available to help you with questions, orders, and post-purchase needs.
- You can purchase M-E1 online and pick up from the local bike shop near your place.
- The sales team will inform you the most convenient bike shop to pick up your full assembled bike.
- If a shipment arrives at your door with obvious shipping damage, please refuse the delivery.
- If you have already accepted delivery and then find shipping damage, please call the shipper immediately.
- You can contact us via email at email@example.com or call us at (800) 736-5348.
- Warranty – 5 years for M-E1 frame, and one year for components. Suspension forks warranty based on its manufacturer.
About MONTAGUE M-E1 Folding Deluxe E-Bike:
- Product Name – M-E1.
- Product URL – You can view here.
- Selling Price – $3,699.00.
- Direct Seller – MONTAGUE BIKES.
- Target Audience – The US and Canadian Buyers.
- Delivery – Full assembled bikes pick up at the local bike shop near your place.
- Return – 30 Days from the purchase. The shipping cost is not refundable.
- Warranty – One year for components and 5 years for frame.
Main Features MONTAGUE M-E1 Folding Deluxe E-Bike:
- One-size step-thru frame, adjustable seat and handlebar, certainly make it possible to adapt to the height of the rider from 5’4″ to 6’4″.
- The Shimano STEPS E6100 250W mid-drive motor can climb steep hills with lower speed because it has a maximum torque of 60 Nm.
- The 418-watt lithium battery pack can support a range of 35 to 90 miles due to the use of the energy-efficient E6100 motor.
- You don’t need to lift or balance the bike while folding because the bike’s weight was supported by the kickstand.
- The second QR folds the handlebar thus making it the most compact size.
- Install the E-Tube Ride app into your hand phone in order for you to customize settings, and get useful information about your ride.
- The LED screen provides battery levels and driving data while enabling you to toggle between Eco, Normal and High power assist modes on the fly.
- An additional walk assists mode makes pushing your bike effortless when you are facing a flat battery.
- Solid fenders allow you to ride in all weather conditions because it keeps you clean and dry from water or splatter mud.
- Integrated lighting keeps you visible by upcoming vehicles so you can ride safely on the road.
- The integrated rear rack is useful for transporting your supplies or necessities when you use MONTAGUE M-E1 for your daily travel.
Specification of MONTAGUE M-E1 Folding Deluxe E-Bike:
- 6061 Aluminum Step-Thru Frame.
- SR Suntour NEX Suspension Forks.
- Shimano STEPS E6100 250 watt Mid-Drive Motor.
- 36V 418 Wh Lithium Battery Pack.
- Top Speed – 20 mph.
- Travel Range – 35 to 90 miles.
- Schwalbe Energizer Plus 700c x 47mm Tires.
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes.
- Shimano Deore 10-speed Rear Deraileur.
- 44 teeth Chain ring.
- Shimano 10-speed 11-32 tooth Cassette.
- VP Folding Pedals.
- Herrmans LED front and rear lights.
- Full coverage mud guard.
- Integrated rack.
- Adjustable Handlebars.
- Adjustable Seat Post.
- Folded Size – 38″ x 38″ x 13″.
- Bike’s Weight – 54 Ibs.
- Load Capacity – 250 Ibs.
- Rider’s Height – 5’4″ – 6’4″.
The image of MONTAGUE M-E1 Folding Deluxe E-Bike:
PROs of MONTAGUE M-E1 Folding Deluxe E-Bike:
- The size of the battery is small to 418 Wh so the completed charge is 3 hours.
- Although the battery is small but the run time can reach 90 miles in Eco mode on the flat road.
- The larger tires coupled with the front suspension forks make MONTAGUE M-E1 a comfortable bike for riding.
- The compact folding size of MONTAGUE M-E1 is convenient to store in the office or home so you don’t have to park it outside.
- You do not need to carry the foldable MONTAGUE M-E1 by hand, since the foldable structure allows you to roll it while pushing.
- With the use of torque sensors, you mount MONTAGUE M-E1 effortlessly like a regular bicycle when you climb the slope.
- The Shimano 9-speed rear derailleur with 11-32 teeth cassette has a wide gear ratio to climb the hills easily as well as accelerate fast at high speed.
- The folding design is great, the battery is accessible for charging when it is in foldable state.
- You can choose to buy directly, with the authorized dealer so you can make a trial to ensure that the bike is suitable for you.
- If you need to buy online, choose the pick up option during the payment process so that you can pick up the bike completely assembled at a bike store near you.
- The E-Tube Ride app allows you to adjust the lower motor assistance to level one to allow you to get a few workouts as well as the smooth start to the stop.
- The Shimano motor is not only durable to use for a long lifetime, but also a soft and silent motor that you can get compared to other brands.
CONs of MONTAGUE M-E1 Folding Deluxe E-Bike:
- If you have to face steep hills challenge on the road, the battery supply will run out quickly so shorten the travel range.
- From the traveling range 30 to 90 miles, obviously riding with the help of upper pedal will certainly shorten the traveling range faster.
- The rear rack payload has not been specified, so do not take any risks to install a child seat for going out with your children.
- The price may not be affordable by anybody, but it is a premium e-bike with numerous premium components is worth buying.
The overall ratings of MONTAGUE M-E1 Folding Deluxe E-Bike:
Reviewed by the MONTAGUE BIKES certified buyers, Emmitt on 23 January 2021 – The overall ratings are 5.0 out of 5.0:
Only been riding my ME1 for about 3 weeks, but I’m impressed so far. Other folding e-bikes I looked at were cheap straight from China with no name motors and mostly small wheels. Getting one from a trusted brand and having a Shimano system is by far worth the high price tag in my book. I had some questions on settings with the STEPS motor and was able to get a quick response from Shimano customer support. That bodes well for any support in the future.
Very smooth riding and it fits in the back of my VW without issue. I haven’t had a chance to fully test the range, but I haven’t noticed it go below 50% battery even after riding 20+ miles (I usually charge after every ride). Shimano claims something like 70 miles on a charge for this system which I’m sure is “best case scenario” but it seems plausible given my experience. For anyone looking to add panniers, I’m using the Ortlieb Back-Roller Classic, which uses their QL2.1 mounting system. It works great with the built rack on this bike. And I have to mention that the lights are super bright! I will update with another review after I’ve had the bike longer.
- I have chosen this buyer review to introduce you because it emphasizes the difference between a budget bike with the premium bike. If you disagree with him, you are welcome to give comments to us.
- The buyer tried to test the battery range, but the driving range is too short to verify it.
- A third party like ElectricBikeReview tested the traveling range using the lower assistance and concluded it at 90 miles.
- The buyer has given a proven method how to equip the rear rack to transport your supplies or equipment for your everyday travel.
- There are total 18 certified buyer reviews.
- 17 certified buyers are happy with the service support and e-bike riding performance, so gives five stars to the seller.
- The single buyer gives four stars because the seller has taken longer to replace the damaged e-bike delivery to the buyer. But the buyer is extremely happy with the new e-bike performance.
View YouTube Videos – MONTAGUE M-E1 reviewed by the ElectricBikeReview:
Having gone through the extensive review, I can strongly conclude that MONTAGUE M-E1 is a premium quality e-bike making the American company. The folding design is truly unbelievable compared to what I experienced earlier.
Knowing the performance of Shimano STEPS E6100, give me confidence to declare that MONTAGUE M-E1 is the best affordable folding deluxe e-bike to purchase. Each electric bike has its unique design with its price range, can you find a model to compare with MONTAGUE M-E1? We appreciate your comments about our review of MONTAGUE M-E1.
Here is our best seller e-bike with prices under $1.6k and using a 52V motor with a torque of 86 Nm, plus a 780Wh battery to support a range of 60 miles – Cruiser-step-thru-the-best-affordable-all-terrain-e-bike.