RAD Runner 1 is designed for customization as your riding needs. You can custom it to be a working bike cum your family needs with any accessories you wanted. RAD Runner 1 comes with a step-thru frame, 750W rear hub motor, and 674 Wh battery, is the best affordable electric commuting bike for the young couple.
Who are Rad Power Bikes?
In 2015, Mike and Ty Collins joined forces to bring Rad Power Bikes to the masses. They relaunched the brand as a direct to consumer business with their first manufactured model — the RadRover electric fat bike — and have been on a wild ride of hypergrowth ever since.
- Mission – To offer an unrivaled customer experience with radical electric bikes that are built for everything and priced for everyone.
- Vision – A world where transportation is energy-efficient, enjoyable, and accessible to all.
Rad Power Bikes – Mobile Service:
Two Options available:
- A Rad Power Bike Mobile Service Ambassador will build, tune, and accessorize your new bike before delivering it directly to your door – check for available location.
- Or Your new bike will be fully built, tuned, and delivered to your door by a Velofix Mobile Mechanic – checked for available location.
Rad Power Bikes – Online Help Center:
Our digital library of product support articles offers a wide array of tips that can help you breeze by most obstacles that may come across your path.
Browse through our extensive database and we’re confident you’ll find what you’re looking for. We have online resources for any situation, from noisy brakes to basic chain cleaning. Click here to view.
Rad Power Bikes – World-Class Product Support:
With over 10,000 five-star reviews under their belts, our in-house product support team is the best in the business. They love troubleshooting, are happy to talk you through your options, and will always make it right.
Having a hard time putting your bike’s issue into words? No problem! Just send us a pic or a short video and we’ll get back to you with some straightforward advice. Reach them here.
Rad Power Bikes – Local Bike Shop Partners:
If you’re looking for hands-on help but don’t live in a mobile service area and can’t make it to our showroom, our product support team can refer you to a reputable bike shop in your area.
Fill out this form and tell us what service you’re looking for. We’ll get back to you with a local provider you can trust.
About RAD Runner 1 Electric Commuting Bike:
- Product name – RAD Runner 1 Electric Utility Bike.
- Product URL – You can view here.
- Seller – Rad Power Bikes.
- Selling Price – $1,299.00
- Free Shipping with courier service in 85% assembled to your door. Or select mobile service for building, tune, and accessories to deliver to your door step.
- Rating – 4.8 out of 5.0 with 1763 reviews.
- One year warranty.
Main Features of RAD Runner 1 Electric Commuting Bike:
- 750W Geared Hub Motor 80 Nm of torque can easily overcome any hills so that you can effortlessly to flatten it.
- Twist grip throttle gives you a lot of joy to feel the head wind when you are riding at speed.
- Integrated brake light – powered using the main battery, the brake light activates whenever the brake is applied.
- Dual legs kickstand – increase stability when loading cargo or when passenger jump on the rear seat.
- Upright Handlebar – can adjust to support various arm lengths and a more laid back riding position.
- Rigid Front Fork.
- Low-Step Frame design – featuring a 16.5″ stand over height.
- Integrated rear rack – attach panniers, platforms, or basket. Or mount a Yepp Maxi child seat.
- Single-speed Drivetrain – for easy riding and low maintenance.
- Kenda K-shield Tires – a puncture resistance tires.
Product Specification of RAD Runner 1 Electric Commuting Bike:
- 18″ 6061 Aluminum Alloy Step-Thru Frame.
- Rigid steel fork.
- 750W brushless geared hub motor with 80 Nm of torque, 5:1 planetary gear reduction.
- 48V, 14 Ah (672 Wh) with Lithium NMC Samsung 35E cells, rated for 800 charge cycles.
- 48V, 2 Amp Rad Power Bikes smart charger, operates on 100V-240V AC power outlets.
- 25-45+ miles per charge (estimate).
- Intelligent 4 level pedal assist with low profile cadence sensor.
- Half twist throttle.
- Aluminum high rise, 660 mm wide, 10″ rise Handlebars.
- Durable ergonomic rubber grips.
- Headset – Semi-integrated, 1-1/8″ straight steerer tube.
- Intuitive LED display that shows battery charge level, pedal assist level, and light indicator.
- Front LED headlight.
- Rear – Integrated taillight with brake light and flash mode.
- Water resistant connectors and wiring harness.
- Double wall, 36H Rims.
- Exclusive Rad Power Bikes by Kenda K-Rad 20″ x 3.3″, K-Shield puncture-resistant liner.
- Spokes – 12-gauge stainless steel, black.
- Gearing – Single speed, 16-53.
- Freewheel – 16T single speed.
- Brake Calipers – Tektro Aries (MD-M300).
- Aluminum alloy comfort grip levers with motor cutoff switch and integrated bell.
- Brake Rotors – Tektro 180 mm front and rear.
- Crank Set – 53T, 170 mm forged alloy, dual-sided aluminum bash guard.
- Saddle – exclusive Rad Power Bikes moped-style, integrated steel seat post, fixed angle.
- Pedals – composite platform with reflectors, CrMo axle, standard 9/16″ x 20 TPI threading.
- Rear rack – Integrated, 54.4 kg carrying capacity, 25.5 mm tubing diameter.
- Dual leg steel, spring loaded Kickstand.
- Rider’s Height – 4’11” to 6’2″.
The image of RAD Runner 1 Electric Commuting Bike:
PROs of RAD Runner 1 Electric Commuting bike:
- RAD Runner 1 is a super fun bike while capable in a wide variety of terrains and applications, even with a passenger aboard.
- RAD Runner not only work on affordable price, but also created something really unique and functional
- 750W geared hub motor, hence it is power to climb hills and run faster.
- A big 48V battery can support 45 mile range based on pedal-assisted level, therefore you ride farther.
- Integrated lights together with the reflective tires, hence keep you visible by the approaching vehicles.
- The Samsung battery has 800 cycles life, thus it can last longer and reliable to use.
- High volume tires together with ergonomic grips and a vibration dampening steel fork, contribute to comfortable riding.
- The 180 mm brake rotors ensure the stopping with the ample power when you are riding down slope.
- Extra-thick 12 gauge spokes for improved wheel strength, hence raise the max weight of this bike to 300 lbs as compared to other models of RAD bikes.
- The brake levers work reliably to keep you safe when stoppage.
- The kickstand is strong and firm, thus is convenient for cargo loading.
CONs of RAD Runner 1 Electric Commuting Bike:
- This model has one frame size only, for fear that it can be too small for taller riders.
- No suspension forks, certainly it is not comfortably on rough gravel road.
- The 2A Charger takes a longer hours to charge the big battery, you surely need to get a faster charger.
- The plastic pedals are comfortable to use, but not durable.
Overall Ratings of RAD Runner 1 Electric Commuting bike:
Reviewed by Rad Power Bikes certified buyer, Michael H on 25 March 2021 – 5.0 out of 5.0:
I live in the city without a car so the Rad Runner expands my range of travel without the need to get UBER or use public transportation. The Rad Runner for its simplicity and cost, but also because it was in stock.
I’m located where it is dry most of the year so that can avoid riding in the rain thus opted out fenders. I like the step through partly for convenience and partly because I am an older rider.
Debated with myself over a Rad Runner with another brand which was slightly less expensive and came assembled. RAD Runner has the bigger motor, together with the battery easy removal and strength after charge. I also liked the aluminum frame instead of a steel one that could rust if it got scratched or dented.
It is a hard decision to select the white glove service of assembly and delivery. That was kind of expensive, but it did ease my mind that it was assembled correctly. The cost did keep me from buying an accessory.
Rad Power bikes had a survey and I would really like to see them offer local maintenance and emergency service repairs for those who break down in the middle of nowhere. Without a way to get the bike home if it were to break down, thus I hesitate to ride too far.
If that kind of service becomes available, I will certainly buy an extra battery to extend the range. I am really enjoying getting out and going places instead of just riding around my area. It’s fun!
- Use of electric bike to replace the use of taxi and public transport, is truly a smart idea.
- Buyer’s liking, price, and stock availability is certainly the choices of buyers.
- The accessories aren’t included in the package, in order to keep the price affordable.
- The owner is a smart buyer, comparing a lot of details when making a purchase.
- If you are not a mechanical guy, it is better spent $100 for building, tune before handling the new bike for you, thus ease of mind for assembling the bike correctly.
Video Review by electricbikereview.com – You can view here:
In summary, Rad Power Bikes have sold out thousands of Rad Runner 1, accumulating 1763 reviews with the overall rating at 4.8 out of 5.0. With regard of this excellent overall rating, will you agree this bike is worth the money to buy?
Many electric bikes in the market selling at this price range, certainly will not give you a big Samsung battery to ride farther. The brake lever integrated bell, integrated lighting, brake light to keep you safe when you are riding. RAD Runner 1 is truly the best affordable electric commuting bike you can buy in the market.
If you are looking for the affordable mountain bike, you can view our related post here – X-Treme-Sedona-500w-the-best-affordable-mountain-e-bike/