Features of RIZE City 65 Nm hub motor, high-range, hydraulic brake, and torque sensor give you the best tour is indeed the best affordable electric city bike. The emergence of RIZE City and the price are appealing for buyers. Changing the cadence sensor with the torque sensor gives you nature and save power when you are in the hills.
About RIZE Bikes:
- The main headquarters for the design and development of electric bikes in Vancouver due to its pleasant weather and scenery.
- New Rize showroom in Richmond, BC for better serving the potential buyers.
- Their top priority is to provide excellent customer service.
- RIZE Bikes have distribution facilities in Los Angeles, California as well as Vancouver, BC.
- FedEx and UPS are the main carriers for ground shipping service.
- RIZE support is available to assist by phone or email whenever you need.
About RIZE CITY Electric City Bike:
- Product Name – City 2021.
- Product URL – You can view here.
- Selling Price – $1,999.00
- Direct Seller – RIZE Bikes.
- Target Audience – The US Buyers.
- Shipping – Free for the lower 48 US States.
- Warranty – One year.
Main Features of RIZE CITY Electric City Bike:
- 500W 65 Nm Rear Hub Motor gives massive power to flatten hills and go faster whenever you want.
- 48V 15Ah Samsung Battery is the best quality battery in order to support a maximum range of 55 miles.
- Using the torque sensor, the rider can sense the tension on the chain and enjoy a direct connection to the motor, therefore it is better for workouts.
- While descending the hills, the driver’s stop pedal and torque sensor stop motor assist, saving electrical power.
- TEKTRO Hydraulic disc brakes 180mm rotors are a responsive and powerful brake, safety stop whenever you apply the brake.
- A super bright headlamp allows you to remain visible from the approaching vehicle as well as you can clearly see the front road.
- Taillight with two long LED lights for better visibility as well as brake flashing light keep you safe riding in darkness.
- In order to give you a comfortable riding position, a swept back handlebar is used.
- The nickel plate covering the sprocket is used to fight against rust and corrosion.
- The fork suspension offers additional comfort while driving off-road.
- Kenda K-shield tires protect you from a flat tire regardless of where you go.
- Thumb Throttle enables you to accelerate whenever you need for your pleasure to ride.
Specification of RIZE CITY Electric City Bike:
- 6061 Aluminum Alloy Frame.
- SR Suntour Lockout Front Forks.
- 48v 15Ah Battery. Optional is 48v 30Ah (dual battery). Charging Cycle – 800.
- Bafang 500 Watt, 65 N.m Motor.
- Estimated Range – 15Ah (38 ~ 55+ miles) or 30Ah (75 ~ 110+ miles)
- Double wall rims.
- 26″ x 2.10″ Kenda K-Shield Puncture Resistance Tires.
- Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes 180mm Rotors.
- Brake Levers include Safety Motor Inhibitors and Brake Lights.
- Shimano Rapid Fire Shifter.
- 7-Speed Shimano Acera (11-32T)
- 42T Single Guard Crank Set.
- Adjustable Stem High Rise.
- 300mm x 31.6mm Seat Post.
- SELLE Royal Spring Cushion Seat with Gel Padding.
- Throttle – 100% Power Assisted on Demand.
- Pedal Assist Level – Choose between 3, 5, 7, 9 levels (default 7).
- Pedal Assist Sensor – Torque Sensor.
- Bike’s Weight – 29kg / 65 lbs (Including Battery).
- Load Capacity – 125kg (275 lbs).
- Rider’s Height – 5’2″ to 6’2″.
- Color – Matte Black or Gross White.
The image of RIZE CITY Electric City Bike:
PROs of RIZE CITY Electric City Bike:
- RIZE CITY is a powerful bicycle to conquer any hills due to the BAFANG 500W 65Nm torque engine.
- The max range of 38 to 55 miles can certainly support you to ride further than you want.
- 26″x2. 1″ Tires can reduce the bumping effect on the uneven surface when you are riding on the road.
- Thumb Throttle will boost power for you to go faster whenever you increase the pedal assist level.
- You can save the energy of the battery to go further, even if you ride into the hilly area due to the use of the torque sensor.
- The TEKTRO hydraulic disc brakes are powerful to enable you to stop safely, whatever your driving speed.
- The front suspension forks, spring-loaded saddle, as well as the wide tires, keep your driving comfortable on any terrain.
- You can keep yourself clean to ride in any weather conditions because of the full fender protection.
- RIZE CITY gives you a harder ride helps to keep you fit due to the response of the torque sensor.
- If your preference is the mid drive motor, you can choose the CITY MD with the additional cost of $399 only.
CONs of RIZE CITY Electric City Bike:
- The charging time needs 5 hours, you can use faster charger if you want to shorten the charging time.
- The bike is heavy to lift up in the event you have to lift up the staircase.
- You can upgrade to dual battery to go farther, but the additional price is almost $500.
- The rear rack can carry bags with necessities, but not sure can carry a child passenger.
Some Comments of RIZE CITY:
Comments from the Electric Bike Review member, SLEE on 29 April, 2020:
I visited the Rize showroom in Richmond, BC yesterday. Very convenient for me as I also live in Richmond.
My sales rep, Greg, was very friendly and also helpful. I test rode the City model, which I had already pre-ordered prior to the test ride. The bike did not disappoint. I found it very comfortable and responsive. I am now very excited and can hardly wait for the delivery of my bike in a couple of weeks!
- If your location is near to the RIZE showroom in Richmond, it is better to take a test ride before making the purchase decision.
- RIZE CITY is best built with premium parts, certainly it is powerful and comfortable to ride.
Comments from the Electric Bike Review member, Scotsman 19 October 2020:
I received RIZE CITY a week ago and have thoroughly enjoyed a few rides of about 55 kilometers in total (I have not been a regular bike rider, and this is my first e-bike, so am taking it easy, since I am a senior!).
Assembling the bike was pretty simple, although I found that it was easier to use my own tools, rather than the multi-tool that Rize included. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that the bike came with quick releases for the front wheel and seat post – I don’t believe this was mentioned in the description of the City bike on the Rize site.
So I did have to tighten the seat post after a few rides because the seat post had worked its way to the bottom (I’m not a big guy at 5’6″ and had not noticed during my ride). I also moved the controller on the left side of the handlebar a bit more to the right, since I found that my thumb would sometimes brush against the PAS up and down pads and change the settings when using the throttle.
- For a beginner without the riding experience, surely they will get great joy riding the electric bikes. Because the electric bikes are convenient and fun to ride as compared to the regular bicycles.
- The buyer only finds the seat post loosing and he is right to move the PAS controller away to avoid the miss operations.
In summary, RIZE CITY is a premium electric city bike with quality component parts for powerful and versatile riding. You can use it as your daily commuting and weekend adventure in the neighborhood. The use of torque sensor, making it an excellent bike for going long distance and also you have to cycle a bit harder help you improve fitness every day.
Do you think RIZE CITY is matched all your riding requirements? If yes, book a test day with the RIZE Bikes. Since the price is below $2,000, I can strongly confirm that RIZE CITY is the best affordable electric city bike for you to buy. If you have any special findings, please share with us using our feedback form.
Or you are actually looking for a quality fat tire e-bike, please spend some time reading our related posts here – Pedego-element-the-best-affordable-fat-tire-electric-bike