VOLTBIKE KODIAK can be your Cargo or Kiddie bike for you. It gives you good speed, powerful stop if needed, is indeed the best affordable electric cargo bike. The sturdy frame is designed to carry a load easily and can carry up to 360 lbs above it. You can use it as your work bike carrying your necessities and tools or go to a farm to purchase all the cargoes you need. Another possible use as a family bicycle to hang out with your children or send your children to school.
- First VOLT Bike pedal out in the spring of 2013.
- VOLTBIKE has a warehouse facility in Port Coquitlam, BC and a shipping depot out of Blaine, WA, USA.
- All VOLT bikes are fun to ride and fully automatic, just pedal or twist and go.
- All VOLT bikes are most reliable to use and sell at affordable prices.
- Deliver all bikes directly to the buyers.
- A knowledgeable help center, ready to service all buyers.
About VOLTBIKE KODIAK Electric Cargo Bike:
- Product Name – KODIAK.
- Product URL – You can view here.
- Selling Price – $1,899.00
- Direct Seller – VOLT BIKE.
- Target Audience – The US and Canadian Buyers.
- Shipping – Fully assembled bike will be shipped either with Vitran Express or Day & Ross. Our shipping rate is $49* as part of our online incentive. Local pickups from our Port Coquitlam, BC Headquarters is free of charge.
- Gift – We offer complimentary motorcycle grade helmet with each bike purchase.
- Warranty – One year.
Main Features of VOLTBIKE KODIAK Electric Cargo Bike:
- Bafang G06 series geared motor which provides 80 N.m. The max torque and the pure power of 750w is indeed a quality and long-lasting engine.
- Samsung Lithium Battery made in Japan is certainly powerful and durable to use.
- The Tektro Auriga comp disc brakes are reliable to use as well as reactive for braking complete safety.
- 26 “x3” Kenda tires have a large volume of air to reduce bumps on the road so you can ride comfortably on any field.
- 60 TPI Kenda tires give you puncture protection so you can drive further in peace of mind.
- Promax MA-570 Stem with adjustable angle 35° – 145° to match a wide range of riders for a comfortable vertical position.
- Shimano MF-TZ500 Tourney coupled to 7-speed Freewheel cassette 14-28th, lets you get max workouts when you turn off the motor.
- Half-Twist throttle with on/off switch is easy for you to increase speed or disable the throttle when you want.
- 10 degree rise handlebar, Large, IP65 water resistant LCD screen and easy to use control unit are indeed a thoughtful design.
- 26 inch RIMS with 36 spokes can certainly support a Max load of 280 Ibs for rider and 80 Ibs for cargoes.
- KODIAK features a shorter wheelbase for easy storage at home or at work.
Specification of VOLTBIKE KODIAK Electric Cargo Bike:
- 6061 Aluminum Alloy 19″ Step-Through Frame.
- Rigid, 135mm dropout, 40mm offset, CrMo steel Front Forks.
- Bafang (8Fun) 500W Electric Brushless DC Motor G06 series. 80 N.m. Max torque.
- 48V 17.5Ah / 816Wh Lithium-ion with Samsung INR18650-35E 3400mAh cells.
- Top Speed – 32 Km/h.
- Half-Twist Throttle.
- Travel Range – 50 Km to 70 Km.
- 9 Levels of Pedal Assist.
- Aluminum Alloy 31.8 mm*22. 2 mm*680 mm, 10 degrees Handlebar.
- Threadless Promax MA-596 with adjustable angle 35° – 145° Stem.
- Shimano Tourney TX50R6CT Thumb Shifter Plus 7-Speed Shifter.
- KMC Rust Buster Chain.
- Shimano MF-TZ500-7 Tourney Freewheel 7 Speed 14-28T Cassette.
- Shimano Acera RD-410 7 speed direct Rear Derailler.
- Tektro Auriga HD-E500 Hydraulic disc brakes.
- Tektro Auriga Brake Levers with safety power cut.
- Kenda Kiniption 26×3 Tires, Wire Bead, 60 TPI casing.
- Wellgo LU-313 Pedals with reflectors.
- 26 inches DIMS with 36 spokes.
- Spokes – Rear 12G 200mm, Front 13G 244mm.
- Bottom Bracket – Sealed cartridge, square taper.
- VELO Plush VL-6142A Saddle.
- Promax SP-311 Aluminum 6061 Alloy, 30.4 mm*300 mm Seat Posts.
- Front Light – Spanninga Kendo+ LED 30 Lux.
- Taillight – Incandecent. Powered by the main battery and controlled from the keypad.
- Bike’s weight – 76 Ibs.
- Max Load Capacity – 360 Ibs (Rider + Cargo)
- Seat Height – 33″ to 41.5″.
The image of VOLTBIKE KODIAK Electric Cargo Bike:
PROs of VOLTBIKE KODIAK Electric Cargo Bike:
- The KODIAK is powerful and comfortable to drive due to its powerful motor and bigger tires.
- 48V 17.5Ah Battery supported up to 70KM range is certainly able to let you drive further than you want.
- The best quality Samsung battery made in Japan certainly supports long term use with the 850 recharge cycle.
- BAFANG 500W motor with 750W peak power, 85 Nm of torque, as a result provides massive power to flatten the hills and accelerate faster.
- Kenda tires resist punctures and reduce the risk of punctures when riding on trails.
- When faced with an emergency stop, the hydraulic disc brakes will react to protect you.
- During your daily driving, you can take some workouts using the lower level of pedal assist or completely turn off the power assist.
- With the rigid rear rack, you can secure the child seat complete safety whenever you want to enjoy driving with your children.
- Spanninga Kendo Front Light is bright can surely keep you visible the facade road to drive safely at night.
- Pedals with reflector, coupled with tail light with brake feature can keep you safe from approaching vehicles.
- The Tailight features Night Flashing Mode for improved visibility can certainly keep you driving safely at night.
- KODIAK bike has full fenders can keep you clean from the splashing water, mud or dirt when the rain drops suddenly.
- You can drive out with two kids safely since the load capacity of rear rack is 80 Ibs.
- VOLTBIKE has accessories of your choice because the KODIAK can easily accommodate waterproof panel bags or the upper tube bag.
- Although you have to pay $50 for delivery the fully assembled bike, but you have peace of mind to receive the new bike ready to go.
CONs of VOLTBIKE KODIAK Electric Cargo Bike:
- A 4A Charger is required to fully charge the big battery in 3.5 hours, but the spec of charger is not found in the online platform.
- KODIAK does not have a front suspension fork or suspension seat post, you will feel shock while on rough trails.
- VOLTBIKE does not sell any child seat that can fit in the rear rack so you have searched for a child seat that can well match the rear rack.
- The tail light does not have the function of turning light, so it is not recommended to drive into the flow traffic.
- A purchaser complains that the rear mirror cannot function properly due to the line of sight is blocked. Please check this problem with the seller, there is certainly a small issue can be resolved by the seller.
- A buyer found rusty around the pedals and wheel bolts, not sure what materials due to the specs are uncertain. You can verify with the seller on this issue so that the doubt is clear.
The overall ratings of VOLTBIKE KODIAK Electric Cargo Bike.
Reviewed by the VOLTBIKE certified buyer, B Lad on 7 March 2021 – The overall ratings are 4.0 out of 5.0.
I ride this bike everyday. We added a trailer, bought a second bike and now we’ve sold our car. Much better handling than similar Rad Bike I tried (too long a wheelbase). The gearshift broke, but was quickly replaced.
Like: smooth ride, fast bike, throttle start for boost at heavy starts, lots of room for people and stuff, front rack. Concerns: rusting quickly (around a foot pedal, wheel bolts), the chain rubs against the kickstand when pedaling hard, loud brakes (front and now new noise in the back) that don’t seem to quiet with age.
I would like to exchange the handlebar to something more cruisers, but the cables are not long enough. Different handlebar options would be nice to have.
Could the bike better, yes. Front shocks would be nice to have, but not necessary. Excellent bike for the price. Bought a second Kodiak after two months.
- The buyer like KODIAK for easy handling because of the shorter wheelbase.
- KODIAK has excellent driving performance as well as smooth ride and fast, which gives the buyer a lot of driving pleasure.
- There are concerns about the rusting problem, the noisy brake and the rubbing of the chain of the crutch, obviously the buyer can easily resolve it to the local bike store.
- I have no other comments on the buyers comment on the handlebars and front shock because the issue is to have a personal taste.
View YouTube Videos – Un-boxing VOLT Bikes:
In summary, the VOLTBIKE KODIAK has proven its quality by the buyer while some shortcomings are also present. The teething issues are mostly mechanical and obviously can be easily rectified by the local bicycle shop. The highlight buyer is happy with the KODIAK performance, and with this reason buying the second KODIAK.
Do you agree with this buyer that the VOLTBIKE KODIAK is the best affordable electric cargo bike for you to buy? Your views on the subject are greatly appreciated. We are pleased to hear what you have to say, regardless of whether you are in favor or not.
Or in fact, you are looking for a best class 3 electric bike for your everyday trips and weekend adventure, you can check out our articles here – Raleigh-redux-ie-the-best-affordable-class-3-electric-bike