Blix Vika+ Folding E-Bike is well thought out with all the details, to create an e-bike with high performance components for all riding conditions satisfactory. Let me tell you about Blix Vika+ high-performance components for your endorsement and acceptance.
Main Features of Blix Vika+ Folding E-Bike:
- The Blix Vika+ frame can easily fold in half, thus easy transportation and storage in an office or house.
- A user friendly frame with a 16″ step-over height for the purpose of easy get on and off the bike.
- A low point of gravity with the smart battery placement, and a robust frame in order for balance and stable riding.
- Smart mounting points on the front and rear so that you can add Blix racks, baskets and bags bring everything you need.
- Powerful motor to climb a steep hill and also carry 270 IBs load capacity.
- With a high-capacity 48V/14Ah (672Wh) battery built by 35E Samsung cells, thus you get up to 45 miles per charge and 25,000 miles of battery lifetime.
- A built-in brake light that automatically lights up to keep you visible by approaching vehicles when you brake.
- Automatic power cut off the motor to stop the motor when you brake.
- A puncture resistant tires with Kevlar technology to avoid flat tire when you are riding on the off road.
About Blix Vika+ Folding E-Bike:
- Product Name – Vika+ Utility-friendly Electric Folding Bike.
- Direct Seller – Blix Bike.
- Product URL – View here.
- Best Selling Price – $1,599.00 (Included free shipping and assembly at a local bicycle shop)
- Free shipping to lower 48 US states.
- Warranty – One (1) year comprehensive warranty.
Product Specification of Blix Vika+ Folding E-Bike:
- Geared, Rear hub-motor, 500W.
- Samsung 48V / 14Ah Battery.
- 5 hours of charging time using 2.5A Charger.
- 15.5″ Aluminum Alloy Folding, Step-Thru Frame.
- Rigid, Aluminum, 100mm Hub Spacing, 9mm Axle with Quick Release Skewer.
- Pedal Assist (Class 1), Throttle on Demand (Class 2).
- Wide range of riders from 4’10” to 6’2″.
- A range of 45 miles.
- Aluminum Alloy, Double Walled, 31.7mm Outer Width, 36 Hole, Silver Rims.
- 20” wheel, 2.0” tire, 40-65psi recommended.
- TEKTRO Mechanical Disc with 160mm Rotors Brakes.
- Comfort padded, brown saddle.
- Shimano 7-speed, Grip shifter.
- Shimano 7-Speed, 14-28 Freewheel.
- PAS – 5 levels. The set level control the throttle set speed. Choose a PAS level to ride at the safe speed you want.
- When LCD panel activated is on, throttle overrides the pedal assist level to reach the top speed.
- Maximum Speed – 20 mph.
- Silver Pro wheel 170mm, 52t Chainring.
- Rise Bar, 630mm, 25.4mm clamp Handlebars.
- VELO Ergonomic Grip.
- Painted Alloy Fenders.
- Smart bell that sound well.
- Bike weight – 49.8 Ibs.
The Image of Blix Vika+ Folding E-Bike:
PROs of Blix Vika+ Folding E-Bike:
- Samsung 48V 14Ah Battery is not only powerful but also durable to use.
- Powerful Geared Motor gives you massive power to climb hills and go faster when you are riding on the road.
- Smart mounting points in the front and rear let you add Blix racks, baskets and bags accordingly.
- Folds into 36x21x28.5 inches so that you can carry into the house or office for easy storage.
- Designed for safe riding with LED lights, power cutoff, brake light, integrated bell, side reflective tires and also puncture-resistant tires.
- Unrivaled riding experience – A friendly bike, a utility bike and a wide range of cyclists.
- Wide hybrid tires, soft saddle, and adjustable seat post hence give comfortable riding experience.
- Excellent kickstand position, certainly you can walk the bike backwards (or pedal backwards) with the kickstand down.
- The electrical connectors for the display, throttle, and motor inhibitors are a bit tougher and well sealed against water since they are metal threaded connectors.
CONs of Blix Vika+ Folding E-Bike:
- The display panel is not removable, this means that it could get scratched anytime, it may also take additional weather wear over time.
- Blix Vika+ is slightly heavy to carry into the car trunk by small guy or seniors.
- One of the owner complains the pedals are slippery.
Overall Ratings of Blix Vika+ Folding E-Bike – 4.9 out of 5.0 with 155 reviews.
Reviewed by Blix Bike certified buyer Carol M – 5.0 out of 5.0:
The Blix Vika+ is the perfect e-bike for me! It is lighter in weight than most e-bikes, which was extremely important to me, and is easy to fold up and reassemble. I also love the low, unobstructed step-through, with the battery placement designed perfectly so that it’s easy to install and remove while also being out of the way when getting on the bike or dismounting!
Best of all, the ride is very smooth and manageable, with great design for easy changing of power-assist levels and gears and use of the throttle, and I had no trouble keeping up with other riders.
By comparison, prior to finding the Blix Vika+, I had been riding a different brand’s folding bike, which is in the same price range. The other brand’s bike was also high in quality, but was way too cumbersome and heavy for me, with a battery placement that got in the way of the step-through, resulting in a number of trips and falls. After my first ride on the Blix Vika+, I immediately sold the other bike. I would highly recommend the Blix Vika+!
- The owner like the frame design of Blix Vika+, give safe mounting and dis-mounting. The old e-bike battery installed at the top of low-step frame caused the owner falling during dismounting.
- Blix Vika+ has excellent design of the drive system, thus the owner like it.
Reviewed by Blix Bike certified buyer Ojai, California – 5.0 out of 5.0:
Have completed the first 100 miles! I cannot fault the beauty and workmanship of the folding Vika+.
My husband and I were excited to receive our matching green bikes. They are just so heavy and takes two of us to get one in our car trunk. We are older, so riding was an adjustment after our lighter weight folding bikes.
It is certainly fun to ride further and have some assist on hilly bits. If you consider improvements, then rear light could be blinking or a bit larger. The pedals are too slippery and dodgy for losing balance. Please consider how to lighten by a few pounds that is besides removing battery!
- The owner is facing some difficulties to use Blix Vika+ but still give a full star rating.
- Blix Vika+ weight is more suitable for young to middle aged riders to use.
- The pedal is too slippery, the rear light has poor visibility, and too heavy for seniors.
The verdict given by cycling.com:
Despite its proportions, the Vika+ isn’t difficult to maneuver. The 20-inch wheels and 71-degree head tube angle produce fast steering at low speeds. The upright riding position yields some hilarious leaning action in high-speed corners, although the Vika+ never felt sketchy as I zipped through traffic. (The center-mounted battery probably helps in this regard.)
It’s amusing in the manner of a moped—a low-slung frame, small wheels that make you lean deep into turns, that throttle—and that’s why I’d keep using it for everyday errands if it were mine to keep.
The verdict given by electrek.co:
The Blix Vika+’s $1,699 price tag isn’t cheap, but is fair in my opinion.
Keep in mind that the bike comes with built-in lights, higher-quality, puncture-resistant tires, full metal fenders and rack, 7 speed drivetrain, and a pretty big 672 Wh battery.
Those parts are often expensive upgrades on other bikes. Plus, you’re buying from a reputable company that uses proper construction and offers a pretty sweet design to boot.
So while it doesn’t beat some other popular modestly priced e-bikes on price, the Vika+ certainly has a lot going for it and enough differentiators to set it apart from the rest of the pack. It would make a great city bike and commuter option for many people.
View YouTube Videos – BLIX Vika+ reviewed by the Electric bike report:
According to the review from cycling.com or electrek.co, the price of Blix Vika+ can be slightly higher than some other brands, the example given is RadMini Step-Thru with price at $1,499.00. After reading the RadMini Step-Thru reviews, I still choose Blix Vika due to better concepts of design, better utility-features, and appearance.
How are your opinions after knowing the features of Blix Vika+? Do you think the shipping method provided by Blix Bike is a better way to serve the buyers? I support the concept of delivery with full assembled electric bike to buyers.
If you are looking for a cargo e-bike, you can read our related post here – Packa-e-cargo-bike-the-affordable-cargo-e-bike-in-the-us