Schwinn EC1 Electric Bike has great features of comfortable, and fun to ride as recognized by the adult owners who use for daily commuting and weekend touring. The Schwinn EC1 has a reliable and peppy motor, a suite of simple brand parts, a shock-absorbing dual spring cruiser saddle, and a comfortable pedal assist that gives you the joy of a classic cruiser ride.
The bike quality made from Schwinn is good being recognized by many adults bike owners.
Product Descriptions of Schwinn EC1 Electric Bike:
Product data and Seller Details:
- Product name – Schwinn EC1 electric cruiser-style bicycle
- Product ID – Walmart # 574296680
- Brand – Schwinn
- Product URL – View URL here.
- Seller – Walmart
- Audience – US buyers
- Selling price – $1,299.00
- Delivery – Free shipping in US continental.
The main features of Schwinn EC1 Electric Bike:
- The frame is Aluminum Alloy in a step-through model and internal cabling.
- A thumb pad motor controller has five levels of motor assistance while you pedal.
- The battery can assist up to 20 mph, travel range is 45 miles.
- The shifter is 7-speeds twist control provides quick, precise gear changes.
- Front and rear wheel equipped with aluminum alloy disc brakes for precision stopping power.
- The 26-inch wheel size fits adult riders from 5 feet 4 inches to 6 feet 2 inches.
- 2-year warranty on battery and electric assist parts.
- A limited lifetime warranty on frame and fork for as long as you own the bike.
Specification of Schwinn EC1 Electric Bike:
- 250 W geared rear hub motor.
- Lithium-Ion battery 36V 14Ah.
- The bike is cruiser style.
- 32 km/h (20 mph) with pedal assist.
- Step-through aluminium alloy frame.
- Aluminum rigid forks.
- Shock-absorbing dual spring cruiser saddle.
- Twist throttle: Yes
- Controller: thumb pad
- Display: LED display for battery gauge and PAS level indicator.
- Tires: Innova tires.
- Wheel size: 26″.
- Front and rear mechanical disc brakes.
- 7-speed Shimano Tourney derailleur.
- Rear rack/fenders included standard.
- Bike weight: 51.3 lbs (23.26 kg).
Image of Schwinn EC1 Electric Bike:
PROs of Schwinn EC1 Electric Bike:
- Schwinn is trust in quality and warranty.
- Price is affordable for adults.
- Comfortable to use as a daily commuter.
- Battery is great as feedback from the bike owner.
- Travel range is high compared to other models.
- Shimano shifters provide smooth and accurate shifting.
- Mechanical disc brake is safe and reliable for emergency stoppage.
CONs of Schwinn EC1 Electric Bike:
- Not advisable to use on the rough gravel road.
- No lighting to ride in the dark – you have to install headlight and tail light by yourself.
- It is a ready made electric bike – you cannot replace any component if you don’t like it.
- The bike is slightly heavy for some rider who needs to carry it up the staircase.
From Walmart certified buyers:
January 15, 2021 reviewed by Dan – My first e-bike – a very good purchase. Rating 4.0 out of 5.0
The front reflector was broken in shipping, but quickly and happily replaced by the manufacturer. The only reason for four stars instead of five is sometimes there is a slight frictional rubbing sound in a lower gear. Not a real big deal, but I’m trying to find it and fix it. Otherwise, very happy with the motor and shifters. The battery allows plenty of time to take long rides.
Our opinion – The rubbing sound in a lower gear is likely caused by poor lubrication during the assembling time.
January 27, 2021 reviewed by Tina – I love this bike. Its awesome. Rating 5.0 out of 5.0
All you do is put on the handlebars, the two pedals, the front wheel and slide the battery onto the bike and charge it then your ready to go. Its sturdy and very easy to ride.
My opinion – Every buyer can assemble the bike following the manual instructions.
December 11, 2020 reviewed by Danette – Great e bike for the money! Rating 5.0 out of 5.0
What a great starter e bike. After looking for 6 months for an e bike decided to try for under 1,000 dollars. Had a local bike shop assemble. Bike shop said not to bad a bike for the price.
My opinion – The local bike shop can handle the repair and maintenance of a Schwinn EC1 Electric Bike.
October 7, 2020 reviewed by Renee – No battery. Rating 2.0 out of 5.0
I love the shape and color of the bike, but I purchased an e-bike and its useless without a battery. And I cannot find a replacement battery anywhere! So I’ve almost spent $1,000 for a bike I cannot use. I know I can get my money back, but I really wanted the bike.
My opinion – I believed Schwinn has replied to him and send a new battery to him. I have little experience contacted Schwinn site support, they response fast and friendly.
The verdicts from www.wearecyclists.com:
- One of the best features that this bike has is the battery. You can comfortably charge it without removing it from the frame – battery charging is simple and easy for you.
- Schwinn EC1 electric bike comes with the mechanical disc brakes that stay cleaner and most importantly – allows you to stop the bike faster – less maintenance is required.
- When talking about the brakes, the Schwinn EC1 electric bike has the smallest 160mm brake motors. This means that you are not getting that much power – it is sufficient to keep you safe for normal riding.
- You can easily control your bike with the controller and see the battery life or assistance level – you can adjust the motor assisted level based on your battery condition.
- The EC1 is a vintage-styled electric bike with modern features that allows you to enjoy both city and off-road rides – is it suits your riding needs?
The verdicts given by www.electrek.co on 28 November 2019 Micah Toll:
- A trusty old Schwinn – Schwinn EC1 electric bicycle gives that same old feel of a classic Schwinn cruiser, but adds a nice, firm electric boost to your ride – Schwinn is a good manufacturer.
- It comes with built-in fenders and a rear rack is a nice feature – no extra pay for you.
- Schwinn EC1 isn’t a fancy cruiser, it is a comfortable and pleasurable ride – Is it suits your needs?
- The 250 W motor doesn’t sound powerful, but when I put it in the highest assist level, I can spin the pedals lightly to activate the pedal sensor and the motor does all the work for me – Motor is working well.
- The decently large tires also make it a fun bike for nature trails and gravel paths. It can handle grass, dirt, and light rocks – you can comfortably ride on others road surface.
- Shimano parts are perfectly fine for this level of bike – gear shifting is fine.
- The Shimano Tourney shifter, mechanical disc brakes, and plushy spring saddle is enough for me. I’ve seen this level of components on electric cruisers that cost nearly twice as much. – Schwinn EC1 is worth the money paid.
- And with a two-year warranty on the electrical components and a lifetime warranty on the frame, you don’t have to worry that it’s going to fall apart like a mystery $450 e-bike from Amazon – the warranty is long for electrical components.
Schwinn EC1 Electric Bike is the best choice for adults who are looking for their first electric bike for commuting to work. And occasionally they can visit their parents staying in the downtown. This bike is versatile to use in the grass field, dirt trail, and light gravel road.
Do you think this bike can fit your riding needs? Our site will offer you other electric bike with wider application to suit your riding needs. Please scroll through our menus to find your favorite models or brand of the electric bike you are looking for.
If you are looking for a lighter electric bike, you can visit out related post here – Gigabyke-swift-electric-bike-a-light-bike