Do you need a 100 miles range electric bike for traveling 30 to 40 miles per day, or are you delivery men who use electric bikes to deliver cargo. A delivery man is estimated to travel 40 miles to 70 miles per day if they have to do delivery works continuously for more than 8 hours.
The delivery man suffers from the battery’s short use and stops delivering the cargoes to look for a possible charging location. Normally, the charging time takes at least two to three hours.
Factors affecting the travel range
- Your cycling style will affect the travel range.
- The load capacity which is a total of the bike’s weight, cargo’s weight, and your weight will affect the travel range.
- The road condition will affect the travel range. You have to avoid riding up a slope for saving the battery energy.
- The tire pressure will affect the travel range. Check your tire pressure frequently to ensure reaching the required pressure. Insufficient tire pressure causes more load on the road thus using more battery energy.
- Cycling with a tailwind or into a headwind will increase or reduce your travel range.
- The temperature will affect the travel range. At shallow temperatures (< o degrees), the battery can store less energy, which reduces the distance you can cycle.
- If You actively do shifting gears will increase the travel range. Never start in the highest gear; this will reduce your travel range.
Electric bikes are designed with eco-mode for you to reach the highest travel range. Normally level 1 or 2 motor-assisted is the eco mode to use for getting longer travel distance.
Is 100 miles range electric bike a future market trend?
- With the growth of the electric bike market and battery development, a 100 miles range electric bike will be taking up the whole market in the next 2 to 3 years.
- The riders demand not only for long-distance travel but also the higher speed of traveling.
- The moped bike or electric motorcycle will grow explosively in the next five years to satisfy the rider’s needs.
- In the market, we can see growing in the number of 100 miles range electric bikes.
Below is 100 miles range Electric bikes:
Model #1 – DELFAST PRIME 2.0 is a bike with the most capacious battery in the world.
Delfast Prime 2.0 is the only e-bike with the 367 Km ranges for one charge. It has won the Guinness world record in 2017 for the longest range commercially available e-bike (228 miles or 367 km).
- The battery used by DELFAST PRIME 2.0 is 48V 70 Ah 13S 20P Samsung 3500 mah with Bluetooth smart BMS. The battery capacity is calculated at 3360 Wh.
- The motor spec is 1500W QS/ Torque 135 N.m.
- The three-speed setting is 15mph / 20mph / 28mph in the controller.
- The frame is Patented reinforced, high tensile steel.
- The front fork is Zoom 680DH.
- The rear suspension is DNM RCP-2S (1000LBS).
With DELFAST PRIME 2.0, you can go anywhere you want with endless power to support the riding.
Model #2 – Raleigh Centros 500wh LowStep / Crossbar 700c derailleur Electric Bike has a travel range of 190 Km.
The battery is Bosch Power Tube 500Wh, 36V combined with an energy-efficient Motor – Bosch Active Line Plus. The electric bike with an approximate weight of 26.3kg.
- Raleigh Centros Step-through Electric Bike is a subtle, discreet, and stylish electric bike with 100 miles plus range.
- The Active Line Plus motor has been re-designed to offer a completely noise-free experience. It can perform over 1,000 measures per second to ensure the optimum level of assistance throughout your ride.
- The front suspension fork is a Suntour Nex suspension fork with 63mm travel to provide smooth riding on any road surface.
- The saddle provided is the world’s most comfortable saddle from Selle Royal.
You will certainly want to be the owner of Raleigh Centros LowStep or CrossBar for your daily commuting or long touring to the city 100 miles away.
Raleigh Centros 500wh electric bike is the great choice for delivery men to deliver parcels or foods in long working hours with ease of mind to re-charge the battery.
Model #3 – QWIC Premium MN7VV Urban Electric Bike with a travel range of 130 miles.
QWIC Premium MN7VV a 735 Wh NCM LI-ion CAN-Bus Aluminum casing. The motor is Bafang M400 mid-drive motor with 80 Nm torque. The approximate bike’s weight is 24.7 kgs.
- The MN7vv is an award-winning e-bike in the Netherland – Bafang mid-drive, suspension seat post, and sprung front fork.
- For all components for the MN7, we strongly focused on reliable materials that guarantee minimal maintenance.
- The forks of QWIC Premium MN7VV is Suntour CR8 suspended front fork
- The gear is Shimano Nexus 7 hub gear + gearshift sensor.
- The tires are Schwalbe Energizer Life.
- The display is Bafang LCD console
- The brake is Shimano Deore V-brakes.
Model #4 Specialized Turbo Vado SL 4.0 EQ Electric Bike has a travel range of 120 miles.
Specialized Turbo Vado SL used Specialized SL1-320, fully integrated, 320Wh + 160Wh extended battery and the motor is energy efficient Specialized SL 1.1, a customized lightweight motor.
SL means the bike is super light, about 40% lighter than the average e-bike which is about 25 to 30 Kgs.
- Shimano Deore, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 10-speed provide you a satisfactory riding quality.
- The low resistance Nimbus II Sport Reflect, 700x38mm tires ensure your ease riding affords and energy-efficient for longer distance.
- The technology you get from Specialized Turbo Vado SL is E5 Aluminum, Fitness/Transportation Geometry Frame.
- The bottom bracket motor mount, fully integrated down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts.
- Smooth Welds, reflective graphics Frame.
- Rigid full aluminum disc.
- Boost™ 12x110mm, front- rack-compatible Forks.
- Shimano Deore, RapidFire Plus, 10-speed w/ Optical Gear Display Shift Levers.
- Tektro HD-R290, hydraulic disc, 160mm dual brakes
- Bridge Sport, Steel rails, 155mm Saddle.
Model #5 FIIDO L2 Folding Electric Bike is the cheapest 100 miles range electric bike.
The battery sizing is 48V 20Ah which is equivalent to 960 Wh and the motor power is 350W. The travel range was claimed at 180 Km or 111 miles with pedal-assisted mode.
- The maximum speed is set at 25 Km/Hr with load capacity at 120 Kgs.
- The front fork is spring suspension forks, and the rear is also spring suspension for comfortable long riding.
- The rear seat can convert to the delivery rack with an allowable load of 31.5 Kgs.
If you are looking for 100 miles plus range electric bikes at an affordable price, FIIDO L2 is your best choice; although FIIDO L2 does not have luxury components, it is a quality bike to use on the city road.
DELFAST Prime 2.0 is a 100 miles range electric bike, has a travel range of 228 miles is the best in the market. Until today can you find 2nd models having such a highest travel range.
QWIC urban bike is not my affiliate bike but you can visit the Urban Bikes to view the QWIC bike if you like it you can click the attached direct link at the bike image.
Specialized Turbo Vado SL is the best quality bike worth your money. If you need to travel such a long distance frequently, Specialized Turbo Vado SL will give you the pride to have it and serve you for high satisfaction.
Raleigh Centros and FIIDO L2 are the most economical to consider for investment if you are a beginner looking for an electric bike for daily commuting for work or you need long-distance touring to the next city to visit your family members. Both of them are best-buy 100 miles range electric bike.
I hope you like the recommendation of 100 miles ranges electric bike. If you have any opinions or questions, please leave your feedback in our comment form. We are happy to hear from you and will surely approve and reply to your message. Please do not hesitate to give us your opinions to improve us.